Gynecomastia – for men who know what it’s all about, it’s a scary and rather embarrassing condition. It is characterized by breast enlargement in affected males, usually occurring because of off-balance hormones, marijuana use, and use of certain medications. The hormone shift, for instance, usually occurs happens during puberty or aging.
While most gynecomastia cases regress over time without any treatment, there are patients who find it necessary to explore gynecomastia natural remedies, such as herbal treatment. They also inquire about gynecomastia procedure cost, and try to find the fastest way out. Here is a rundown of the different options you can take if you have this enlarged breast condition:
- Avoid certain skincare products – Did you know that regularly using herbal soaps, lotions, and shampoos that contain tea tree oil and lavender oil can cause gynecomastia? These oils contain plant estrogens, potentially affecting your hormone balance in the body. Typically, the breast enlargement can resolve after stopping the use of these products.
- Avoid or substitute certain medications – The use of certain prescription drugs also commonly cause gynecomastia cases. Medications that are used for treating heart failure, high blood pressure, prostate cancer, severe heartburn, and stomach ulcers, to name a few, can cause hormone changes, changing how your body uses or responds to them. If they are the culprit, you can ask your doctor about stopping the medication or substituting it with something that is not likely to cause gynecomastia.
- Medications and supplements – Drugs that are used for treating breast cancer, such as tamoxifen, can treat gynecomastia. You can take them in a short course if your condition develops from an unknown cause, such as breast discomfort or nipple tenderness lasting for more than three months. Gynecomastia natural remedies, on the other hand, are available in the form of pill supplements.
- Surgery – There are also procedures that can remove breast enlargement or excess breast tissue, and this option comes in if non-surgical treatments prove to be unsuccessful. The scope of the surgery depends on the severity of the condition and if fatty tissue exists. A combination of surgical operations can be done to remove the excess fat or glandular tissue. For example, mastectomy removes breast gland tissue, while liposuction removes breast fat. You may inquire about gynecomastia procedure cost and packages if you feel that it is the best choice for you.
- Radiation – Because gynecomastia can develop as a side effect of anti-cancer treatment for prostate cancer sufferers, radiation can be used to treat it in about one to three sessions. This technique delivers radiation or X-rays to your breast area.
Whatever option you choose to try, whether it’s surgery or herbal supplementation, you should talk to a qualified health care practitioner for the best course to go through depending on your health status and needs.