Large or oversized male breasts can zap your confidence easily, especially in situations where you have to go topless or wear tight upper clothing. Excess chest fat or breast tissue can make you self-conscious and uncomfortable, and it can stay for up to two years before disappearing or resolving finally. But there’s no need to panic immediately because you can reduce the size of your breasts naturally, or without undergoing surgery right away.
One way is to targeting losing weight throughout your body, as spot reduction (on the breast area) is simply not possible. While you shed the excess fact, you can also build your chest muscles through weight training exercises, creating better tone and definition. Here are other exercises to help you reduce your breast size:
- Use the elliptical and work on your chest muscles. Do elliptical training by pushing and pulling handles while moving your feet back and forth on foot pedals. Work out on the machine for 45 minutes to an hour, thrice weekly on alternating days.
- Perform incline chest presses on an incline bench. This will target your upper chest, so reach up and grab the barbell using a wide grip. Push it off the support and hold it straight above you. Lower the bar to your upper chest and push back. Repeat the steps, and avoid bouncing the bar off your chest or fully locking your arms when pushing up.
- Do a set of flat bench presses. Target your middle chest area. Lie face up on the bench, your knees bent and your feet flat on the floor. Grab the bar using a wide grip. Push it off the support, holding it straight above you. Lower the bar to touch your chest lightly. Push it back, and repeat the steps.
- For your lower chest, use an exercise ball to do incline push-ups. Put your hands on the ball, shoulder-width apart. Place your toes behind you, hip-width apart. Lift your hips. Tighten your core, and form a straight line from your shoulders to your heels. Lower yourself until your lower chest is within a fist-width of the ball. Push back up, and repeat the steps.
- Pass a medicine ball to your training buddy. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart while you hold the ball against your chest with both hands. Throw the ball straight ahead to your partner, who should throw the ball back. Catch it and immediately throw it back to him. Your chest muscles are working when you throw the ball.